Wednesday, January 16, 2008

French Toast, the RIGHT WAY!

Ever feel like cooking something special, just because? Today I decided to make decadent french toast for tomorrow, just because we haven't had it in awhile. I know I've blogged about it several times, but that's only because it is so.stinking.good. Seriously, if you haven't yet made it, consider this an order: Make it. Right now. Your taste buds--make that all 5 senses--will thank you tomorrow morning. It's by no means good for you, which is why it isn't a regularly featured item in our house. But since I apparently have a few calories to spend... why not!?? I'm so excited. I hope I can sleep tonight.

I had a little help in the kitchen. She was playing peek-a-boo from the other side of the cart. Reminds me of the Where's Waldo? series.


Livvie loves to take all my utensils (with the exception of cheese grater & slicer) out of the pail. Luckily for me, she doesn't mind putting them back!

5 comments:

the johnson crew said...

yes, karen, your french toast recipe is AWESOME! i have made it too many times. it is a cheap and easy meal to make for company! yummy.

enjoy your breakfast tomorrow.

Vicki said...

I love your little recipe book holder...where did you get it?

Sara said...

I need to try this for sure! We aren't typically breakfast people, but maybe this weekend...

Sara said...

Oh, and LG does the EXACT same thing with my utensils...only she isn't so great about putting them back.

Karen said...

Vick, I think it's just a regular old plate holder. You know, for displaying fancy ones? I've seen them at the dollar store.