Friday, January 18, 2008

Steal!

We recently became member's of Sam's Club--for diapers, mostly--and have been slowly enjoying the world of buying things in bulk. Today, along with Livvie's diapers, I purchased a container of mini sweet peppers and a tub of organic spinach (been craving it!). Today must've been Free Sample Day, because the sample ladies were everywhere! Much as I enjoyed them, I couldn't bring myself to spend $9 on quesadilla rolls, though. The navel oranges were indeed sweet & juicy, as the woman said. I bypassed the beef brisket.

Then, as I was browsing along, I spied the new baking pouches made by Cinnabon. (You can make scones, coffee cake, bread loaves, and muffins. There are 2 pouches per box.) I'd seen them before but had never bought them. Today, though, the price tag read $1.41. That's one dollar, forty-one cents! WOW! Nothing at Sam's is $1.41! I snatched one up, thinking the cash register would catch the mistake. Nope! Now, to decide how/when to use them. Perhaps I'll use one pouch to bake up some muffins for our dear, sweet nursery ladies. I'm thinking a scone would be grrrrreat with my morning coffee tomorrow!

No comments: