Friday, October 31, 2014
Posted by Karen at 9:30 AM
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Last Thursday was my birthday. It was a wonderful, relaxing day, filled with extra hugs and kisses and pampering and ZERO dishes washed.
I don't know which I love more: the dishwashing-free day or the triple chocolate cake.
The breakfast in bed wasn't bad either.
Olivia made me this scarf, all by herself.
Nate knocked it out of the park once again with my triple chocolate cake.
I love that guy.
>>>What fun things do you do/get/eat on your birthday?
Posted by Karen at 4:29 PM
Even on a blustery, gray day, the scenery was lovely and the time together precious.
Posted by Karen at 11:22 AM
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- Fond memories of an evening spent with friends last night. Especially fun was the sushi (which is half-off on Tuesdays. Now I must think of any excuse I can to spend Tuesdays in town.) SO delicious. I had the spicy avo and the soy chino (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, for lo, it is deep fried. Oh yes.)
- It has lace-y looking detail, very feminine.
- It is a color.
Posted by Karen at 4:12 PM
I scoured Pinterest using the search phrase, "chemo care package." There are SO many good ideas out there! Here's what we included in our box:
- Lemon drops. Chemo often leaves the patient with "metal mouth," and sharp flavors can help.
- A box of tea. Our friend loves it, so a variety pack was in order.
- A cute travel mug. Lots of doc appointments and tests means a travel mug is a must!
- A pair of fuzzy socks. Winter is upon us, sadly.
- A bottle of hand sanitizer. The immune system is severely compromised during chemo, so this will help ward off germs.
- A tube of unscented hand cream. Lots of hand-washing = dry, cracked skin!
- A tube of lip balm.
- A bracelet and matching earrings. Fun and indulgent!
- A chocolate bar. No explanation needed, right???
- A small flowering plant. Pretty flowers cheer everyone up!
- Many cards, pictures, and sweet notes from the girls.
Posted by Karen at 11:03 AM
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Posted by Karen at 2:01 PM
Friday, October 17, 2014
Posted by Karen at 1:56 PM
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Posted by Karen at 1:43 PM
Monday, September 08, 2014
Posted by Karen at 1:35 PM