Wednesday, January 09, 2008

18-week checkup


At the beginning of this pregnancy, I promptly lost 10 pounds--believe me, it wasn't on purpose! By my first appointment I had gained 2 back. Next appointment: maintained. Next appointment: lost 2. Today's appointment: gained 3. So I'm still 7 pounds down from my pre-pregnancy weight, and the doc actually said, "You could stand to gain some weight." In all my life no one has ever told me that. I won't lie to ya--I'm not sad about it!
Olivia came along today. What a funny girl! As soon as the nurse put the blood pressure cuff on me, Livvie whined and protested. And don't even ASK her how she felt about the whoosh-whoosh of the doppler machine! She doesn't like anyone touching her mama, I guess.
Dr. M. said, "You'll be happy to know that Dr. J. filled us in on your decision to forego the Rhogam injection, so we won't be hassling you about it anymore!" Good. I was ready for a fight, too. Okay, not a fight, but a lively discussion. Anyway, that was a relief.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm glad your dr. won't be hassling you any more. I've never understood why people want to mess with a pregnant lady! ;-)