Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bookworm



Livvie lo-o-o-o-o-oves books. Loves them. She'd be content to sit on my lap (or Nate's!) all day and night, reading book after book. She looks carefully at each page, pointing to items that she recognizes, and proudly says or signs each one.

This morning I took her to our local library for toddler storytime. It was her first time, and she was a little overwhelmed, I think. She didn't take her eyes off the group leader! I think she liked it. I plan to take her each week... it's a nice outing for us, and she gets fresh, new books each week!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I'm already reading a bunch to Elijah, and although he's only 7 months and attempting to eat the pages of the books right now, I can only hope he'll enjoy books as he gets older. They actually have a baby book time at our library, so I'm hoping to get Vince to bring Elijah one of these days (although he might be the only father there!!)

Unknown said...

keep up the reading & story time! chloe was the same way at story time - even after weeks of attending and wouldn't ever leave my lap or participate. when she turned 2 though it all clicked for her and she sang all the songs at home and gets so excited now about story time. and i can see SUCH a huge difference in her compared to other 2 year olds who don't get much reading or library time!