Monday, December 15, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

The girls and I spent several days in WI during Thanksgiving week.
We missed Nate like crazy, of course.
One day he'll have enough seniority to get more than just Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day off.

I was excited to try out my new running cleats and see if my silly foot injury had healed.
SO GLAD TO REPORT THAT I RAN SEVERAL TIMES PAIN-FREE!
Also:  running cleats are awesome!  Very little concern with slips and falls!

One day I ran a loop past the cemetery where my grandfather is buried.  He's been gone five years this month.

Thanksgiving Day was so fun.  I was able to spend much of the day helping prepare for the evening meal.  I really enjoyed catching up with relatives I see only once a year.
***with my dad***
***Thanksgiving table***

My mom and I broke our own rules and went shopping at 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving night.  I know, I know...sacred tradition and all that.  Sh snagged a nice sewing machine and I played chauffeur.  We felt so young and adventurous!

Day after Thanksgiving we kept the tradition of Leftovers Lunch at my aunt's house.  
(Now that?  That is a sacred tradition.) 

We also had a blast on the sledding hill!


We enjoyed some leisurely times playing games and working puzzles together...

...and playing baby dolls!

How did you spend Thanksgiving?

No comments: