Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pregnancy Update: 30 weeks, 3 days

30 weeks always feels like such a huge milestone to me, like I'm on the home stretch. It's so strange to think that we could be meeting Baby #3 in only 8 weeks! C-RAZY.
(That's pronounced "cuh-RAZY" As in crazy.)

I had a checkup Tuesday, at which everything sounded fine, measured fine, and looked fine. That's how I like it. Nice and boring, with nothing to report upon my return home.

I'm pleased to report that the dizzying, anemia-induced fatigue has improved since last month's update. I'm sure it's a direct result of faithfully taking my vitamins. And also the fact that the girls FINALLY take their afternoon naps simultaneously, which allows me to get extra rest when I need it. Which is every day.

I've found a great new chiropractor who is doing his best to keep my back pain to a minimum. At the same time, however, I have also accepted the fact that pregnancy simply wreaks havoc on my back, and that's just how it's gonna be. Some pregnant mamas are sick for 9 months; some have to use the bathroom 4000 times per day. Others swell up like a hot air balloon. I just happen to have lots of back pain. It's a small price to pay!

I'm so thankful for yet another relatively easy, complication-free pregnancy thus far. I do not take my good health for granted, and I look forward to meeting #3!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Do you have any names in the running?

Stacey said...

You make being pregnant sound so fast and easy.

Sorry about the back pain, I likewise have pretty easy pregnancy but my back suffers from about 4 months on.

Can't wait till she is here.