Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Updates

I have limited time this evening; pardon my bulleted list!
Nate's birthday was a nice day--we ended up dropping the girls off with his sister & going to Lone Star Steakhouse. Once there, we noticed big advertisements for their birthday e-club. Unfortunately, we hadn't signed up, so we figured we didn't qualify for any of the free stuff. But I asked our waitress, who asked her manager. He gave us the birthday deals anyway--$15 off our bill, PLUS a free dessert of our choice. We chose the enormous brownie ice cream dessert, a $5 value. Pretty good deal!

  • I had my doctor appointment today to check on the status of the retained product. (See here for the whole story.) Praise the Lord everything looks great! I'm so thankful that I won't have to take more medication or undergo the dreaded D&C.

  • And a seemingly small thing, but a big blessing to me: I set out ground beef this morning, with NO IDEA what to make for supper, and very little to work with. 15 minutes ago, my neighbor dropped off a delicious chicken divan dish, baked and ready to eat! The Lord knew I needed that today.

  • Sunday was our first Sunday with our new pastor, Pastor Scott Estell. We were thrilled when he accepted the call to our pulpit, and we're so excited for this new step for our church body. We've been without a pastor for almost a year--no more!

Well, I'm off to wash little hands and faces and get ready for church. Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Sara said...

SO glad you have a sweet neighbor to do something for you like that! Wish I were close enough to make you dinner!! I know how much those "little" things mean.
And glad you got a date night with your hubby for his bday!