Friday, February 24, 2012

"Lean Hard"

For so many dear ones bearing difficult burdens, this poem:
Child of My love, lean hard,
And let Me feel the pressure of thy care;
I know thy burden, child, I shaped it;
Poised it in My own hand, made no proportion in its weight to thine unaided strength;
For even as I laid it on, I said,
"I shall be near, and while he leans on Me,
This burden shall be Mine, not his;"
So shall I keep My child within the circling arms of My own love.
Here lay it down, nor fear to impose it on a shoulder which upholds the government of worlds.
Yet closer come; thou art not near enough;
I would embrace thy care so I might feel My child reposing on My breast.
Thou lovest Me? I know it. Doubt not then;
But, loving Me, Lean Hard.      
---May Prentiss Smith
~~~"Cast your burden on the LORD, and He will sustain you..."  Psalm 55:22~~~

No comments: