Thursday, September 30, 2010

Resolution Review: September 2010

Happy October! Just checking in to log my progress regarding my New Years Resolutions. In order to keep myself accountable this year, I'm doing monthly reviews, in which I share my successes--or maybe failures--of the past month.
Here's how I did for September:
  • Start and/or maintain healthy habits... sorta!  Well, I've fallen off the Weight Loss Bandwagon this month.  I jumped off, actually.  About halfway through September, I declared that I was taking the month off from my stringent self-denial, and I intended to enjoy myself!  We had our Labor Day getaway the first weekend, Livvie's birthday the 2nd weekend, Brienna's the 3rd, and our anniversary last weekend.  I found lots of excuses for cheating on my no-sugar commitment, snacking at nighttime and drinking sugar-laden beverages. 
          I did great exercising for the first 2 weeks, but by mid-September the sun wasn't rising early enough for me to run before Nate left the house.  I ran 10 times in the first half of the month, and only 3 in the second half.  It's feast or famine, apparetly  I'm going to have to get creative once again as the days get shorter and colder.

          I won't lie--all the fun food tasted wonderful... for awhile.  To be honest, though, I'm glad my Healthy Habit Vacation is over.  I've felt a lot like garbage this month: tired, with yucky stomach symptoms, and just feeling "blah" overall.  It's no surprise that I gained a couple pounds this month.  As usual, The Binge was not worth it.

          My goal for October is to drop the pesky pounds I've added this month, to drink LOTS of water, and to exercise three times per week.
  • Go one one date per month...check!   We had an anniversary date--dinner and bowling.
  • Spend less...check!  
  • Host guests once per month... check!  We hosted about 25 people for Brienna's party.
How'd you do with your resolutions in September?

No comments: