Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Resolution Review: August 2010

Can you believe autumn is upon us?  This is me, checking in to log my progress regarding my New Years Resolutions. In order to keep myself accountable this year, I'm doing monthly reviews, in which I share my successes--or maybe failures--of the past month.
Here's how I did for August:
  • Start and/or maintain healthy habits... check!  I'm glad to report that I exercised faithfully this month--17 of the 31 days this month.  I've enjoyed it.  I've mostly been running, but I did a little speed-walking and biking, too, so I don't get bored.   I didn't do as well drinking water, but I've been trying to remedy that these last few days.  For September, I'll try to get that water intake back up there where it should be.
          My weight loss goal for August was 3 pounds, which I achieved by the skin of my teeth!  I've also (finally!) dipped below my pre-pregnancy weight--as in, pre-Olivia!-- about which I couldn't possibly be more thrilled!  The goal for September:  2 more pounds.
  • Go one one date per month...oops!  Our weekends were jam-packed this month, and we plumb forgot! 
  • Spend less...check!   Thanks to my parents' generosity and an abundant garden harvest, we kept our grocery bill down quite a bit.
  • Host guests once per month... check!  We had good fellowship with some friends we hadn't seen in a really long time.  Next month we'll host a few families for Brienna's first birthday party!
How'd you do with your resolutions in August?

1 comment:

the johnson crew said...

wow, i am really impressed. those are great resolutions, and you made most of them. - i guess i hven't made any resolutions, but you are inspiring me.