Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Resolution Review: June 2010

Happy Summer!  (Unbelievable.)  With half of the year officially over, it's time to check in and log my progress regarding my New Years Resolutions. In order to keep myself accountable this year, I'm doing monthly reviews, in which I share my successes--or maybe failures--of the past month.
Here's how I did for June:
  1. Start and/or maintain healthy habits... check, mostly!  Okay, it's obvious that exercise is going to be the thorn in my side.  I don't suppose gardening and lawnmowing qualify???  Surprisingly, I still lost 6  pounds in June, bringing my total to 25 poundsCan I get an AMEN?  My weight loss goal for July:  another 4 pounds.  And consistent exercise.  (I mean it this time.)  I've picked up a couple TaeBo videos, and I'm ready to work!
  2. Go one one date per month...check!  We attended a Basic Massage class, which has already been worth the $10 fee!  What a fun and different sort of date!
  3. Spend less...double check!  This month we set a couple records, at least for our family, saving 150% on our grocery bill in June. 
  4. Host guests once per month... nope.  I'm chalking it up to a super-busy schedule!  Family reunions, eye appointments, church activities, and more!  But hopefully we'll double up in July and make up for it. 
How'd you do with your resolutions in June?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Lawn mowing totally counts! As long as its a push mower :)