Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Olivia-isms

Mommy:  "Olivia, please stop pestering Ellia."
Olivia:  "I'm not pestering her; I'm just following her around."
Mommy:  "Well, she doesn't like it, so please stop.  Why do you want to follow her anyway?"
Olivia:  (earnestly) "Because!  I think she's great!"   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Olivia:  "Mommy, I'm still reeeeeally hungry."
Mommy:  "You just ate!  How can you be reeeeeally hungry?"
Olivia:  "Because I'm growing today!" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Olivia:  "Mom, I don't want to be a kid anymore.  I'm ready to be a grown up now."
Mommy:  "Why?"
Olivia:  (in a single breath) "Because then I can wear makeup and high heels and I don't have to take naps and I can sit in the front seat of the car with you."   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Olivia:  "Mommyyyyyyyy!  I wanna go to the store with youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"
Mommy:  "Nope.  I'm going alone this time."
Olivia:  "But MOM!  You can't go alone!  You have to take a kid with you all the time!"
Mommy:  "Oh, no.  You're staying with Daddy this time." 
Olivia:  (beginning to cry) "But I really wanna go to the store!"
Mommy:  "Why?"
Olivia:  "I don't know; I just like to be with you."

No comments: