Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brienna Elyse: 9-Month Update

Brienna has been out as long as she was in
Does that even make sense?

We can't believe how sweet this baby continues to be!  Brienna is still exclusively nursing (wahoo!), though she vigorously grabs and tries to eat whatever she can fit into her mouth.  This has made for more than a couple frightening situations involving small items such as stickers, cheese puffs, beads, grass, pencils, and breakfast cereal.  I get the feeling that once she starts eating solids, she'll love them and never want to go back to breastfeeding.  So I'm putting it off as long as she'll let me.




Brienna is a chubster!  She weighs 22 pounds (!), and it's getting more and more difficult to schlep her around.  That's okay, though, because she's getting around extremely well these days!  She's been crawling since six months and pulling up since seven months, and we don't think walking is too far off. 



The only complaint I have is her unpredictable nighttime sleep habits.  I don't mind getting up once or even twice to feed her in the night.  It's pretty much been the norm since day one, and I'm just thrilled to still be nursing her at this point.  The problem is the inconsistency of it!  One night she'll get up at 11, 2, 4:30, and 6.  The next night she'll get up at 3:30.  I've fiddled around with her nap/feeding/bedtime routines, and it truly does not make a difference.  Thankfully, it won't last forever! 



Love you, baby girl!  Keep up the great eating and let's work hard to get the sleep thing down, okay? 
Okay!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Karen,

You have the most beautiful girls. How precious! That Ellia seems like such a character.

On a side note, do you think you might do a post about what you buy at the store and fix for you meals? I would love to know how you deal with a grocery budget.

Thanks,
Jenny

Melissa said...

Lol! I was reading this post and Connor came up to me and wanted me to hold him. I picked him up and he kept pointing at the pictures and laughing. He pointed and looked and laughed for almost 10 minutes. It was so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly Glupker said...

She's a cutie. Way to go on being able to breastfeed so long and for giving her all that great nutrition. I am continually amazed at how much table food Aubrey eats because she's so different than Owen was at this age. I wonder if Brienna will sleep through the night once she starts solids? She might just need more calories, although, she sure looks healthy!

Stacey said...

Not sure if she's still in your room but as soon as we switched Aleia out of our room she has been sleeping through the night ever sense.

I know once Brienna was done nursing at 20 months she finally slept a full 7 hours.....I was so grateful.

Great post on your baby girl!