Monday, May 31, 2010

Resolution Review: May 2010

Can you believe it's nearly June?!  I honestly still feel as though we've just come through the Christmas season!  It's time to check in and log my progress regarding my New Years Resolutions. In order to keep myself accountable this year, I'm doing monthly reviews, in which I share my successes--or maybe failures--of the past month.
Here's how I did for May:
  1. Start &/or maintain healthy habits... check, mostly!  In May I set out to get back on track--saying no to sugar, eating reasonable portions, drinking lots of water, and exercising 3x weekly.  I've done all of these things successfully, except the exercise.  I need to come up with a plan, and quickly, while the weather is nice!  Our neighborhood is not safe for jogging or walking, and it's not feasible to join a gym.  I have one Pilates video, but it's so boring that I'd rather stick toothpicks in my eyeballs than follow it.  I suppose I need to see about getting some exciting workout videos.  Any suggestions?  Despite the sporadic exercise, I still managed to come within ounces of my weight loss goal of 4 pounds in May.  This brings my total weight loss to 18 pounds.  Wahoo!  I'm so thrilled, and I'm newly resolved to keep it up!  I hope to lose another 4 pounds in June.
  2. Go one one date per month...check!  While we were in Chicago, Nate's mom kept the girls so we could go out.  We enjoyed Olive Garden's soup/salad/breadsticks lunch deal.  Loved it!
  3. Spend less...check!  I chalk it up to just plain ol' eating less Sounds simple, and it is!  Our grocery bill was down 34% in May! 
  4. Host guests once per month... check! We hosted our Young Single Adult group, and it was a blast!
How'd you do with your resolutions in May?

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I can suggest anything by The Firm for more entertaining workout videos. They are challenging, too. I agree with you about Pilates - BORING! I'd much rather be jumping around (perhaps I am hyperactive?). And I like to get workout videos/dvds from the library b/c they are free! And that way I don't get too bored with the few that I have.
Great job on your goals!