Monday, April 05, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day: a smashing success!

Wow, I'm pooped! After nearly 7 hours in the kitchen, I'm ready to take the evening off.
I got all but one item crossed off of my list--whole wheat banana pancakes. I realized that I'd miscalculated the number of eggs I would need. Oops.

But it was almost 4, the girls were waking from naptime, and I was out of steam! I'll see about getting the pancakes done later this week. Other than that, though, the day went off without a hitch! And to top it all off, my crock pot meatloaf that I pulled from the freezer is nearly done. I'll warm up mashed potatoes & gravy, leftover from yesterday... throw a couple freshly-made butterhorns in the oven, and BAM! Dinner's done!

Here's the haul:














Butterhorns (32)
Olive Cheese Bread x2 (This doubled recipe actually made 6 servings, since the girls won't touch it.)
Breakfast Cookies x2
Chicken Spaghetti x2
Stove Top Meatloaf x2
Basic Meatballs x2
Pizza Dough x4
Chopped onions x4 (1/2 cup each)
Taco meat x3
Pinto Beans (4 "cans")
Refried Beans (3 "cans")
Chicken Broth (6 "cans")

And now, I'm off to play with my kiddos!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome cooking day, lady! Hope you can put your feet up and relax this evening after all that cooking and cleaning up.

Mary Ann said...

Great job! You got A LOT done! I hope you enjoyed a very relaxing evening :-)