Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Creation Museum

On our way back from Louisville last week, we visited the Creation Museum, and wow!  Was it ever wonderful!  How refreshing to walk the hallways lined with Scripture, and to read placards giving God the credit for such marvelous creations!  Someday, perhaps, I'll go without my 3 little tagalongs, so I can mosey through at my leisure and read every little thing.
At first the girls were scared of the many dinosaurs--especially those which moved and roared...
***Livvie didn't take her eye off of this one, not for a second!***

It took some convincing to get her to "ride" this one!

They enjoyed taking turns in the stroller...

...doing crayon rubbings at the Dig Site,...

...and especially feeding the animals in the museum's petting zoo!

(though Ellia kept trying to put the feed pellets back!)

Olivia braved the darkness of a mine shaft...
("I hope there aren't any snakes in here, Mom!")

...and we oohed and ahhed over the gorgeous & fragrant botanical gardens.

We even attended a sing-along concert by Buddy Davis!
The girls' favorite Buddy Davis song is "The Woodpecker Song," or as Ellia calls it, "Peck-Peck!"
Oh, come ON!  Listen to the song! 
Did you know all those fascinating things about the woodpecker???

I give the Creation Museum a wholehearted 2-thumbs-up!
The museum peeps, however, don't know me from the next gal.  They didn't ask me to endorse their facility, nor did they pay me to do so. 
Which would've been really, really neat.

Have you been to the Creation Museum? 
What'd you think?

5 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

I have been there a couple of times and have really enjoyed it. I too look forward to going there with out little ones some day so I can soak it all in. What brought you to Louisville?

Stacey said...

Sounds like you all are having fun....good family time.

Mary Ann said...

I've been there. My brother & his family live about 15 minutes from there. I feel like I need a second trip b/c when I was there before they didn't have the petting zoo & the gardens weren't open yet. It does take some time & concentration to feel like you are getting it all. My favorite part was the section about Noah & the ark. So glad you got to visit there!

Sonda said...

I've been there a couple of times, Karen and it IS amazing. Just as neat the second and third time as the first. Glad you got to enjoy it. My favorite part was when they showed all the stars on the ceiling. (Can't for the life of me remember what it's called just now.)

Karen said...

@Kelly: My dad attended the T4G conference.

@Sonda: the planetarium. :) We didn't think the girls would enjoy a quiet, dark room as much as their mother would, so we didn't go. :)