Thursday, May 14, 2009

Love Languages

Do you know your love language? That is, the way you prefer to express and receive love? According to Dr. Gary Chapman, there are 5 primary love languages. I'm bilingual (nanny-nanny, boo-boo!); my 2 languages are Words of Affirmation and Acts of Service. You can take the Love Language Test to find out yours.

Anyway, I'm feeling really loved today. Someone anonymously gave us a large box of food at church last night. Anonymous, if you're reading this, I sincerely thank you.

And, after the most trying of days yesterday, Melissa offered to take the girls for the day tomorrow. For the whole day.

Hello.

Can I get a witness!?!?

I'm excitedly getting a list together of some things I'd like to do with myself. I've got half a dozen gift cards to all sorts of fun places, and y'all better be-LIEVE a nap is definitely on the agenda. So I ask you:

What would you do with an entire day to yourself?

4 comments:

Jenny said...

AMEN! A witness here! You can send her up my way when she's done. :-) With any luck, she'll stay the summer! :-)

I would be sleeping, reading at a coffee shop (ahhh, silence!) and hitting the thrift stores and garage sales with full abandon.

Have a GREAT day to yourself!! OOh, I'm giddy for you!!!!

Mary Ann said...

What a wonderful gift! I'm sure you will enjoy your day. If I had a whole day to myself, I would probably sleep in, go for a long run, catch up on chores (especially anything that can be done outside), & then do something creative in the kitchen like make a nice dinner & bake something yummy for dessert. Although my weekend will be nothing like that, I'm still glad today is Friday!

Stacey said...

I've read that book so many times, I am a firm believer that if your love languages are being met you're a much happier and content person. I likewise am Words of affirmation and Acts of Service.

I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if I had a WHOLE day let alone a few hours, but I think I would get a coffee to go and then window shop,sleep in, take a nap, roller blade or just set in the parking lot of Mcdonalds and listen to my cd's. Desperate for some alone time, enjoy your Day, you deserve it.

Unknown said...

WOW -- I'm righteously jealous and VERY happy for you! Hope you had a super splendid day!

I'd sleep in or nap, treat myself to breakfast out somewhere and do a crossword puzzle leisurely over several cups of coffee. Ahhhh. I feel more relaxed just dreaming about it! Then I'd go to some nice department stores or a mall and browse the grown-up clothes. That's something I never get to do anymore!