Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No baby yet.

(This photo was taken Friday, I think.)

Lately life hasn't been pleasant for this weary body; I find myself longing for the contractions to begin. But I know that God's timing is perfect; if the baby hasn't arrived, it's because she's not yet ready!

But instead of lying around and moaning (tempting though it is!), I've been making myself busy! I've been able to knock out a few more items on my to-do list. I also finished up an assignment for my writing course and got that mailed off--no small victory, as it's taken me over a year to complete. Goodness, how embarrassing!


We spent some time outside on Saturday. Nate mowed the lawn & sprayed for ants. Livvie played happily, and I trimmed some of the really overgrown parts of our hedge and just puttered around. We also attended the graduation party of one of my former students. It was a great time!

Pray for Nate. On Sunday night he threw his back out playing basketball. He felt okay that night but couldn't get out of bed yesterday morning. We've been to the chiropractor twice, and this afternoon/ evening he's feeling somewhat better. Again, our instincts question the timing, but God does know what he's doing.

My parents are arriving tomorrow around lunchtime, for which we're SO grateful. They're coming 2 days earlier than they had originally planned, since our circumstances have become a bit more difficult. I also have a checkup tomorrow morning.

Well, our internet is HORRIBLE. Tonight's the first time in 4 days or so that it's worked. BOOHISS!!!

We can't wait to meet our second-born! We'll keep you posted as best we can!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the name Charolett. Just a suggestion, Love you! Im keeping you in my prayers

Sara said...

Hang in there, Girlie. Praying for you and Baby Girl!

Harms said...

I have been thinking about you. I see this post was 2 days ago. Maybe BabyGirl A is here by now.

Can't wait to see the pics...and find out the name...and hear all about it.

Enjoy your parents!

Kelly Glupker said...

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking: you haven't posted since Tuesday. Which means that if you haven't had the baby, you really should be posting SOMETHING so I can put my mind at ease. And if you have had the baby, you should be posting an announcement. You're killin' me! I hope all is well. Looking forward to seeing your new little one. :)