Thursday, May 22, 2008

Checklist for Baby Girl #2

Wow, talk about being totally UN-ready for this 2nd baby! And conversations with 2 friends last night certainly didn't help! Here's a checklist of things I'd like to get done before she arrives.
  1. Pack a bag for the hospital.
  2. Secure childcare arrangements for Olivia for our hospital stay... check!
  3. Prepare infant carseat... check!
  4. Sterilize those teeny weeny bottles, pacifiers, and pump accessories.
  5. Decide on a name. And a middle name... check!
  6. Secure dogsitting arrangements for Trango for our hospital stay... check!
  7. Get our video camera in working order--it's finicky at the moment...check! (well, good enough)
  8. Buy a package of NB diapers... check!
  9. Clear out a space in our bedroom for the pack-N-play... check!
  10. Clean the pack-N-play & set it up... check!
  11. Pull out my spring/summer clothing & start putting maternity clothing away. (Yes, I'm optimistic about getting back into my regular clothes really soon!)... check!
  12. Find a "big sister" T-shirt for Livvie!

So.... I have a ways to go.

Yesterday was my 37-week checkup. I'm dilated to 1 cm and am 75% effaced. Doesn't mean much, of course, but it's progress in that direction! Anyone want to move to southeastern Michigan for awhile??

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Great list! Looks like you're well on your way. And you have a couple weeks, so you should be fiiiine! ;-)

#5 is my fave. We are having the hardest time coming up with a boy name.

Vicki said...

Awww...wish we lived closer! I'd be there in a heartbeat. I could ship Cait over for a couple weeks. ;o)

Heather said...

I love your list and to me you seem like someone that when she puts her mind to it...will accomplish it!! I too love #5...we didn't pick our children's names out till i was in labor. I think that is the hardest part about being pregnant. :) Well maybe the hardest part....

Karen said...

Yes, Vick! Send her! That'd be so much fun.

Now I don't feel so badly about not having a name yet. Thanks!