Wednesday, May 28, 2008

To Livvie with love

Dear Livvie,

Today we brought home a big-girl bed for you. At first you kept saying, "Baby's bed," so we thought you wouldn't want to sleep in it or play on it for awhile. But Mommy cleaned it up (you "helped!"), and then Daddy put your crib mattress in it. Then you decided it looked like fun!
You practiced getting in and out of bed all evening! At first you thought you needed your stool, but before long you were hopping on & off like a pro! You keep wanting to stand and jump around on your bed, but you already know that you get spanks for that.
When it came time for bed, Mommy thought you would want to sleep in your crib, but we decided to try putting you in your bed to start... just to get some practice. Mommy listened for you and wondered about you for an hour. Finally, I peeked around your door, and I saw that you
were sound asleep. That made Mommy sad!


Lately you've looked so, so big to me--your hair is getting so long and pretty... you're talking so much and so well... you can reach and climb and play like such a big girl.
But tonight when I saw you in your bed, you looked too small for it. Mommy started to cry a little as I realized you won't be my baby much longer. I hope you don't get too jealous of your
baby sister, and I hope Mommy doesn't get too impatient with you when I'm tired. I'm so proud of you for being such a big helper, and for sleeping in your big bed!
I love you SOOOOO big! You are one sweet girl.

Love, Mommy

6 comments:

Vicki said...

I think one of my first blog posts was about kids' beds. Going from the crib to the toddler bed to the twin bed to the bunk beds, back to the twin and now we're thinking a double bed for Cait since her feet hang off her twin. This letter to Livvie is so sweet--what a great way to capture your feelings about her. Made me cry...just a little. :)

Vicki said...

AND, I forgot to say...what a GREAT deal! That' bed is awesome! :)

The Boe's ~ said...

Hey Karen, its Heather (Bonner) Boe..its such a small world, isn't it.. first I want to say congrats on #2 coming so soon! How exciting for you and Nate. Liv is so cute, love her curly hair!
Just crazy how Kelly is my cousin, your in-laws live right down the road from me now---I went to high school with Nate---you are Johanna's cousin---Jason and I have been going to Calvary Baptist in Joliet- Pastor Ryan and Tricia (Hellers)McCammacks church--they are our close friends! Any more people we know, hmmmm. Hopefully, we'll see you next time you guys (and Kelly and Justin) are in good ol' Illinois!!! I have a blog if ya ever want to visit.. theboefamily.blogspot.com
Take care and can't wait to see both of your little girls together!
~Heather

Sara said...

Very sweet, Karen. It brings tears to my eyes imagining going through the same thing with Gage in such a short time. Livvie is going to do so well with a baby sister-I'm sure of it, and you will fall in love all over again with Livvie as you watch her interact with Baby Girl. Thankfully, love MULITPLIES not DIVIDES!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing your precious letter!

Heather said...

CUTE!!! Wait till you bring the new little one home! She will seem so much bigger!! I remember that feeling with Logan and Victoria.