Monday, February 04, 2008

New Recipe

Kim makes this excellent, crunchy bok choy salad, & I finally got around to making it last week! It's so simple and de-e-e-elicious! I love salad anyway, but it's nice to find new and different recipes. Here's one for you to try:


Bok Choy Salad
1 head bok choy cabbage
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 package Ramen noodles
1/2 c. slivered almonds

Dressing:
1/2 c. vegetable oil (I used half sesame oil & half veg oil.)
1/2 c. sugar (I used a little less.)
1/3 c. vinegar
2 T. soy sauce

After washing the bok choy & trimming the ends, cut it on the diagonal. The greens are the most nutritious, so use it all! Toss bok choy & onions in large (giant!) bowl. Crunch up the Ramen in the bag. Dry saute Ramen and slivered almonds in a little cooking spray. Add to bowl & toss. In a separate bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Stir into salad greens, toss evenly to coat. Enjoy! For several days!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I make a very similar version of this salad, but I use packaged cole slaw, rather than the fresh cabbage, no soy sauce, and a can of all white meat chicken--just a little fyi if you want to try a twist!