Friday, February 01, 2008

Livvie Fix

As I haven't posted a photo of The Girl lately, here are a few... especially for the grandparents.


This was taken last week at work. Olivia had pasta with red sauce and loooooooved it! I loved her expression here.











Livvie fought a nasty cold while were at CIT last weekend. After a very rough night, Olivia was content to sit on the big bed, propped up by pillows, and watch Clifford.




Yesterday we didn't go to Kim's, as I woke up sick. This morning I feel much better (even though I haven't slept since 3:30 a.m.!), but Olivia doesn't, apparently. She threw up a little around 8:30. While I was talking to Kim about it, I glanced in her bed and discovered that she had vomited at some point during the night. Poor baby. But, you know kids... they're so hardy! She's up & around, playing and talking! Right now she's examining all her bibs and then tossing them onto the floor. Needless to say, we're staying home again today. I can't say I'm upset about that, although we could've used the money. But obviously Livvie needs a little extra TLC, and so do I, frankly! Plus we're smack dab in the middle of a snowstorm.

(In this photo she's sporting a shirt from Grandma Stine.)

Added later, 3:45 p.m.: Livvie vomited again mid-morning and acted fine thereafter. She ate lunch, with no ill-effects. She did nap only an hour, (much to her mother's chagrin!) but then she fell asleep in my lap not too long ago and is konked out in her bed now. I have learned not to mess around with a sick baby's need/desire for sleep. Each time she's fighting something, I fear she'll be up all night if I let her sleep as long as she wants. Thankfully, that's never happened... yet! Hopefully we're through the worst of it.

4:45 p.m.: I spoke too soon... Livvie slept less than an hour. I went in to her when she started crying, and I found that she had vomited again in her bed. She gets so upset when it happens, poor thing. I've been getting her a drink of water right away (That taste is so awful!) and then snuggling her until she wants down to play.

No comments: