Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

I'm the big 2-6; my birthday was yesterday. It didn't start off so hot--Olivia let me have less than an hour & a half of sleep the night before. Stinker. Surprisingly, the day went well, especially since I was able to get a nap.

Nate took me to Joe's Crab Shack, where I enjoyed a combo of fish, coconut shrimp, and popcorn shrimp. Tasty! Then it was off to the Oasis Hot Tub Gardens. This is a place that has 15 or so private outdoor hot tubs, each decorated in a different style. There was Fiji, Oahu, Japan, & more (ours was Vancouver--we had a pine tree, fireplace, etc...) Nate got me a gift certificate to Oasis for Mother's Day, but since I was pregnant, I had to wait. It was SOOOOOOO relaxing! At home, I opened my presents from Nate--a CD, slippers, and a beautiful set of pots & pans!

Happy birthday to me!

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Happy belated! Sounds like you had a nice time. :)

Sara said...

Sounds like a cool place (OHTG)!! Glad you had a great b-day! Livvie probably just wanted to spend more time with you since it was your b-day and all!:)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday...you deserved that relaxing time that is for sure!!!

Shyla said...

1.5 hrs..those were the days!! We're up to 10hrs.hang in there girl! Did ya get my msg?

Anonymous said...

happy birthday karen. i am sorry you didn't get much sleep. sounds like you did some special things on your birthday!

pamela s said...

Happy Belated B-Day! Hope Olivia gets back on track!

Unknown said...

Awesome birthday, girl! Sounds like your hubby spoiled you - and you're worth the spoiling!! Happy belated birthday.