Monday, February 13, 2006

Money, Money, Money

My church is hosting a financial seminar given by Maranatha. It started yesterday and goes through tomorrow night. I spoke with 2 of the men last night for a while; it turns out they're from High Point. Shyla, they asked if we are sisters! :) Anyway, I'm already intimidated by how much I really don't know. We'd love to learn about investments and mutual funds and stocks and retirement planning, etc. The basics of budgeting and saving are not a problem for us; it's the long-term planning that's kind of scary. I think it's scary because I know there are so many creeps out there who make their livelihood out of scamming dummies like me. I hate feeling so vulnerable and clueless. So I'm really looking forward to the rest of the sessions. I won't be able to make them all, but I'm going to get CDs of the ones I miss.

I'm curious... what do y'all know about all this fancy financial jargon? Any tips for me?

1 comment:

Shyla said...

That is hilarious!! I am trying to think of who it is...Is it Mr. Russell and Mr. Cone?
You'll have to let me know!
I never thought we looked more like sisters myself until you cut your hair...atleast our nate's can tell us apart. :) phew