Our friend is undergoing chemotherapy right now, and we recently put together a care package for her. Ellia was memorizing Proverbs 16:24 at the time, and it seemed appropriate.
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
Here are the girls, working on their drawings & letters for our friend.
I scoured Pinterest using the search phrase, "chemo care package." There are SO many good ideas out there! Here's what we included in our box:
- Lemon drops. Chemo often leaves the patient with "metal mouth," and sharp flavors can help.
- A box of tea. Our friend loves it, so a variety pack was in order.
- A cute travel mug. Lots of doc appointments and tests means a travel mug is a must!
- A pair of fuzzy socks. Winter is upon us, sadly.
- A bottle of hand sanitizer. The immune system is severely compromised during chemo, so this will help ward off germs.
- A tube of unscented hand cream. Lots of hand-washing = dry, cracked skin!
- A tube of lip balm.
- A bracelet and matching earrings. Fun and indulgent!
- A chocolate bar. No explanation needed, right???
- A small flowering plant. Pretty flowers cheer everyone up!
- Many cards, pictures, and sweet notes from the girls.
We had SO MUCH FUN putting together this box of love and care.
We hope it was a blessing to her!