Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Summer Fun--mid-June to early July

This summer is flying by!  It's been packed with travel and fun, and I don't want to forget! 

When we got back from PA, I braved the wisdom tooth extraction that I'd been needing for a year.  It took less than 5 minutes to pull and 6 weeks to heal.  I dealt with daily headaches that thankfully were just bothersome, not debilitating.  All is well now!
***3 days post-op

Ellia lost her first tooth!  She thinks she swallowed it when she bit into a hot dog.  She didn't mind, though!  

Shannon and her girls came up for the Fourth, much to our delight!  Nate's parents came as well, and we had a great time relaxing and enjoying one another.
***the girls at Frankfort Beach

I ran my first 5k!  Finally!  This is certainly a highlight of the summer, as I've wanted to do it for a couple years.  I can't say enough how thankful I am for the healing God has granted!  A year or so ago, I had serious doubts as to whether I'd ever be able to exercise strenuously again.  I completed the race in 28:48, with a 9:18 min./mi. average.  I hope to do a 10k race this fall.
***cutest cheering section

Shannon and I both brought last year's T-shirt... we got a rise out of being all matchy-matchy.  
***pre-fireworks

On Nate's birthday he, Shannon, & I did the dune hike.  This is a strenuous 3.75-or-so mile hike over and through the sand dunes to Lake Michigan.  It was a gorgeous day!
***atop the 2nd big dune, overlooking Glen Lakes.

***birthday boy with his daughters & nieces

We SO enjoy having family here.  It does our souls good to reconnect.  We were pretty spoiled to have lived in the same town as many of them, for so long.  We look forward to the times when each of their families can come up and see us.  


No comments: