Thursday, April 03, 2014

I haven't been able to post photos since that last post... blogging on a phone stinks!  I kinda think it's a bummer to post without pictures, but that's my only option right now.  Oh, well.

I'm back on the running bandwagon...training with a friend for a 5k on the 4th of July.  I'm doing the Couch to 5k program (c25k), which is a slow and steady running program for non-runners.  :)  First couple of weeks were pretty easy-peasy, and now I'm in week 3.  Since we live on the top of a hill, running is quite a bit more challenging than I'm used to.  I'd show you a photo, but...you know...

I've lost about 13 pounds since we moved up in August.  I've come to realize that the battle I have with food is a spiritual one.  With the Lord's help, I hope to get back to a healthy weight, but more importantly, He is showing me how I have allowed food to control me.  I'm seeing the tight grip it has had on me, for many years now, and I've been stunned and sobered by the strength of that stronghold.  But God is very kind!  I never want to laugh at the sin of indulgence...  i.e., "I'm addicted to chocolate, haha!"  But if it grieves God (and it does), then I want it out!  I'm grateful for this work He is doing.  It isn't about being fat or thin, but about having mastery over my body and its cravings.  I may never battle drug or alcohol addiction, but getting victory in this area?  Seems just as daunting and difficult sometimes!


No comments: