Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine Surprise

IF YOU ARE MY PARENTS, PLEASE STOP READING NOW!


Snapfish is running a deal: get their 20-page 5x7 softcover photo book for free, using code HPREWARD at checkout.  Offer expires January 31, 2013.

Here's what we're doing:
(SERIOUSLY, MOM & DAD, LAST CHANCE!  LOOK AWAY!)

1.  Take a whole mess of photos.
2.  Put 'em in the photo book.

Okay, that's all!

Start with one of you and your sweeties.
But really, don't put more than one in there.  Grandparents get kinda testy when you "ruin" their photo gifts with shots of yourself  (personal testimony).


Then, I just told the girls which emotion I wanted to see, and I started snapping away!

"Okay, girls, let me see....  your thinking face."




"How about your super-surprised face?"

 "Okay, now your meanest face!"

 "Your very saddest face."

 "Now, your silliest face!"

 "Now do a dance!"
 Okay, this CRACKS ME STRAIGHT UP.  Ellia's hair makes her look like a cocker spaniel, and Olivia's face is just wild!  

"Now, pretend you all are the best friends EVER."

If they're really into it, have them do all the classic poses.

Be ready for some giggling when you do the pile-up pose.

If it's nice out, take them for a walk.  

"How much you you love Grandma & Grandpa?"
 THIIIIIIIS MUCH!

This next series makes me laugh, too.  

So I told the kids, "We're going to say, 'I love you' with our hands!  We'll point to our EYES for 'I,' and then make the motion for LOVE, and then point at the camera for 'YOU!'  Ready?"  

I.....


(That was actually our second attempt.  This was our first.)
 WOW, scary.

 love...

YOU!!!


I'm no photographer, but you don't need to be!  The photo books look great!  Snapfish's site is easy to use; I'm all about the dragging and the dropping.*

No grandparent would be disappointed in a sweet Valentine photo book...

...so long as YOUR face appears only once!
Right, Mom?


*NOTE:  Snapfish did not pay me to advertise for them; I just like their stuff.  That'd be cool, though! 

No comments: