Monday, January 23, 2012

In a Blogging Funk

Maybe you've noticed that I haven't been posting much lately.

I have been busy.
(Haven't we all?)

I am trying not to feel guilty or even apologetic for not posting very often.
(Except for the fact that our children's grandparents do read  here.)

I had one comment a month or so ago:  an anonymous comment that read:
Way too much personal info about your 3 girls, just saying.
*shudder*
Creepy or what?!??  Maybe I need to make this a private blog.

Also, I think I have blogger's block.
(Oh, it's real.)  

Maybe it's more than that.  I've been writing here for over 6 years.  Haven't I said just about all there is to say?  Kids during holidays... kids saying funny things... kids giving me gray hairs... birthdays and Christmas programs and training issues... new jobs and road trips, weather is changing, kids getting sick, great recipes, kids at school... kids helping and learning and growing.
God's grace and guidance through it all.
(Now THERE'S something that doesn't get old!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes, that is really creepy! I've often thought I put too much personal stuff up in FB and my blog as well. Though our blogs are seriously hard to find. A creep-o would have to have the exact URL to find us. Or they'd have to know our full names to google us and find our blogs. (That's how I justify it anyways!)

I'm right there with ya on blog burnout. :( Hoping to post something new soon! Before I collapse tonight from exhaustion that is . . .

the johnson crew said...

i hear you.

Kelly Glupker said...

I know most people have stopped blogging, but I still love it. And I think my kids will appreciate that I kept up with it when they get older. I always think, if something happens to me they will at least have my blog where I've written about them, my passions, my convictions, etc. But I too have wondered about making it private. I just know that when people make their blogs private they do lose lots of readers, if not most of them. Private blogs don't who up in google reader and I often forget, or don't have the time, to click on each one individually.

Jennyz said...

Karen, I have been reading your blog for years, I love it and have missed the frequent posts. I used to love there posts on saving money, cooking from scratch, etc. You need to do what is best for your family, but I miss your posts.