Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Olivia's First Day of School

Today I took my baby to her first day of Kindergarten.

I practically had to run to keep up with her.
I can't believe how quickly she has grown!

At the same time, she looked much too small for a school classroom.
(Her backpack is as big as she is.)

She brimmed with excitement when she found her seat.

And my eyes brimmed with tears!  My baby!

Two other moms remarked on how well I was holding up.  I laughed and tried not to whimper.
I had to make her put her book away so I could take a picture.

And then she said,
"Mommy, can you leave now? 
It's time for school to start."

3 comments:

Jenny said...

*sniff, sniff!* They grow up sooooo fast!!!

Mary Ann said...

Aww...I'd be sad, too! What a blessing that is she excited about school, though. I'm sure she is going to have a great year!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a change for all of you! Looks like she is just brimming with joy and excitement at the new adventures that await her in school!