When the first e-issue of Encouraging Moments (presented by Eternal Encouragement magazine) popped up in my inbox, I settled in with a sigh to dutifully read what I thought would be a long e-newsletter.
Then I saw the banner: "Our moments are short & sweet." Well ALL RIGHT! As a mother of 3 little ones and wife to a busy man...a short, sweet moment of encouragement is right up my alley!
I read the newsletter in under 5 minutes. The first sample issue dealt with battling strongholds of unbiblical thinking. I especially appreciated this new spin on the put off/put on principle:
"First, take out the garbage--the garbage thoughts--and don't collect any more... Secondly, you have to put the Bible where the dirt has been."Author Lorrie Flem has a really comfortable way with words, and she's very matter-of-fact without seeming condescending. Her tender heart really comes through!
In addition to the main "meat" of the newsletter, each issue also includes several little varied sections:
- Drastic Discount Days--highlights the current special going on over at the main website, http://www.homemakingwithteach.com/ .
- On Facebook this Week--notes a couple thoughts offered on FB during that particular week.
- Meet Lorrie in Person--gives the author's itinerary.
- Chick Flicks for Mom--videos on a variety of topics, including marriage, homemaking, and family. I likely won't view too many of these, as my computer time is generally spent while the kids are sleeping.
- Timely Tip--a short snippet of another article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
I'm looking forward to seeing a little more on the parenting side of things. I've received only two newsletters so far, so I know it's comin'!
Disclaimer: I am reviewing Encouraging Moments as an official member of The Gabby Moms blogging program for Eternal Encouragement magazine. I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are solely my own.