Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Product Review: Encouraging Moments e-Newsletter

When the first e-issue of Encouraging Moments (presented by Eternal Encouragement magazine) popped up in my inbox, I settled in with a sigh to dutifully read what I thought would be a long e-newsletter.


Then I saw the banner:  "Our moments are short & sweet."  Well ALL RIGHT!  As a mother of 3 little ones and wife to a busy man...a short, sweet moment of encouragement is right up my alley! 

I read the newsletter in under 5 minutes.  The first sample issue dealt with battling strongholds of unbiblical thinking.  I especially appreciated this new spin on the put off/put on principle:
"First, take out the garbage--the garbage thoughts--and don't collect any more...  Secondly, you have to put the Bible where the dirt has been."
Author Lorrie Flem has a really comfortable way with words, and she's very matter-of-fact without seeming condescending.  Her tender heart really comes through!

In addition to the main "meat" of the newsletter, each issue also includes several little varied sections: 
  • Drastic Discount Days--highlights the current special going on over at the main website, http://www.homemakingwithteach.com/ .
  • On Facebook this Week--notes a couple thoughts offered on FB during that particular week.
  • Meet Lorrie in Person--gives the author's itinerary.
  • Chick Flicks for Mom--videos on a variety of topics, including marriage, homemaking, and family.  I likely won't view too many of these, as my computer time is generally spent while the kids are sleeping. 
  • Timely Tip--a short snippet of another article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
It's fast and easy to sign up for this free e-newsletter;  simple enter your name and e-mail address on the Eternal Encouragement home page.

I'm looking forward to seeing a little more on the parenting side of things.  I've received only two newsletters so far, so I know it's comin'!

Disclaimer: I am reviewing Encouraging Moments as an official member of The Gabby Moms blogging program for Eternal Encouragement magazine.  I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are solely my own.

No comments: