Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Getting to Know Me: A to Z

A different twist on the "Get to Know Me" survey. 
It's alphabetized!

A. Age: 30 years old. Someone asked me if I "felt" thirty.  I said, "Well, I've got 3 kids, several grey hairs, and a mortgage payment, so I guess I SHOULD be thirty!"  SO not a big deal. 


B. Bed Size: Queen. Not nearly big enough, since Nate likes the middle.


C. Chore You Dislike:   It used to be washing dishes, but I find it's a geat opportunity to pray, sing, and memorize Scripture.  Dusting, I guess, since I rarely do it.  I just can't be bothered to flit around my house with a little rag, picking up everything, wiping, putting everything back...  plus, there are always SO MANY other chores that scream loudly at me. 


D. Dogs:  Yes, one black lab named Trango.  He'll be eleven this spring, and he is sweet, funny, and extremely tolerant of the Littles.


E. Essential Start to Your Day:   Coffee.  At least two cups.  Paired with some quiet time with God, I'm all set!


F. Favorite Color:  Oddly enough, I don't have one favorite.  For clothing, I wear mostly black and tan, but I'm also a fan of green. 


G. Gold or Silver:  Mostly silver.


H. Height:  5'8"

I. Instruments You Play(ed):  Piano

J. Job Title:  Wife & Mother


K. Kids: Three.


L. Live:  Michigan, USA

M. Mum’s Name:  Mary.


N. Nicknames:  Just "Babe," which Nate calls me.  Olivia has called me Babe a few times, when she wants to get my attention and I'm too distracted.  Talk about FUNNY!


O. Overnight Hospital Stays:  Thankfully, only after childbirth. 


P. Pet Peeves:  I have too many, sadly.  Mostly my pet peeves involve selfish, lazy, or otherwise thoughtless people.


Q. Quote from a Movie:  Haven't seen a movie in quite a long time. 


RRighty or Lefty: Righty.

S. Siblings: Yes!  I grew up with one fiesty, squirrely younger brother, and I have come to know 2 lovely half-sisters in adulthood.  I have several other half-siblings, whom I don't know.


T. Time You Wake Up:  On a good day, between 6 and 6:15.  Of course, this hinges on what time I go to bed the night before, which depends on how much I've gotten accomplished that day, which depends on what time I get up in the morning.  As you can see, it's easy to get stuck in bad habits, which is exactly where I am right now.  Stuck.

U. Underwear:  Um, ... yes?  Please?  Preferably comfortable and clean?  (Weird.)


V. Veggies You Don’t Like:  Haven't yet met one!  I suppose okra, since I like it only if it's battered and deep-fried.


W. What Makes You Run Late:  My three little darlings.  In order to arrive anywhere on time, we have to begin getting shoes/coats/purses/diaper bags on twenty minutes before departure time.  Also, I always forget to factor in Unloading Time--5-7 minutes--once we arrive at our destination. 

XX-Rays You’ve Had:  Hand x-rays (It was broken).  Back x-rays (One leg is longer than the other.)  Seems like there were others, but I can't remember now.


Y. Yummy Food You Make:  Ricotta cheese, chicken noodle soup, chocolate-themed desserts


Z. Zoo Animal Favorites:  The polar bears are fun, if they're active.  I really like the monkeys, though.  They're just as funny as humans sometimes!


Your turn!

No comments: