Wednesday, July 21, 2010

VBS 2010

I had the privilege of teaching the 2- & 3-year-olds for our church's Vacation Bible School last week.  It was exciting!
Draining!
Rewarding!
Exhausting!

The little ones don't have the longest attention span,

...but once you've grabbed their interest, you're golden!
In the above photos, the children watch, captivated, as I demonstrate how the house built on the sand CRASHED!
(Thank you, Nate for building me a stellar house out of the kids' building blocks.)

I had two wonderful, most capable helpers. 
(Thank you, God.)














The Lord was gracious to bring many visiting children in!  In fact, five of these children do not attend our church but attended every day of VBS!  I was grateful for one particular opportunity to correct some errant theology (held by one of our own kids!):  that God does indeed love us even when we fail Him!

The whole energetic, spirited, excited, loud, restless, adorable group. 
We praise Him for a most successful week! 

1 comment:

Weadock Family said...

Thank you so much, Karen, for teaching this class. Ethan had a great time, though you'd never know it from watching him enter the classroom :) He still likes to sing the "I am special" song. His eyes light up and he actually sings a lot of the words. Thank you for keeping him all week. I'm already excited for next year--or earlier, if it works out :)