Thursday, December 24, 2009

He is Born, the holy Child!

I can't stop humming this little-known Christmas carol. The tune is catchy, but I love the lyrics... especially the first verse.

Refrain
He is born, the holy Child,
Play the oboe and bagpipes merrily!
He is born, the holy Child,
Sing we all of the Saviour mild.
Through long ages of the past,
Prophets have foretold His coming,
Through long ages of the past,
Now the time has come at last!
O how lovely, o how pure
Is this perfect Child of heaven;
O how lovely, o how pure,
Gracious gift of God to man!
Jesus, Lord of all the world,
Coming as a Child among us,
Jesus, Lord of all the world,
Grant to us Thy heavenly peace.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I have Christmas music playing right now so I can't remember the tune to this Christmas carol right now, but I know it & love it, too! I have so many favorites but I do gravitate towards the lesser know carols. The words are usually so full of significance. 'O Holy Night,' especially verse two, is my favoritest favorite. Thanks for sharing this one!
Merry Christmas!

Marie said...

Thanks! I was looking and looking for the words for this song! Almost everything that I could find were the FRENCH words for this song, and those didn't help me very much! I was so glad that this was English! This is one of my favorites, second to only "O Come, O Come Emmanuel," if second to anything at all! Thank You!