Thursday, September 24, 2009

Five Years

It's my anniversary!

What a different sort of day it was today, than that of 5 years ago! But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well, except maybe my midsection wouldn't be so slack.

I've had a pretty difficult week, so I didn't manage to get Nate so much as a greeting card, much less a gift. But his mother arrived today, and she watched all 3 little women while we ran out for dinner at Applebee's. Nice treat! Then, instead of paying $7 for dessert, we ran into WalMart for a $3 box of Klondike bars. Super nice treat!

Wanna see a couple photos of our wedding day?

My family










His family. Funny... there were only 2 grandkids at this time. Now there are (nearly) 11!






The wedding party







Me, a lean & tan bride. *sigh* Tonight I promised Nate (again) that I would indeed get back into my wedding dress, but that it may take another five years if he keeps getting me pregnant! :)







And call me corny, but I LOVE this photo! It's classic Prince Charming!









Happy Anniversary, Nate. You are one of the most patient people I know, which is why you haven't left me in these five years! I love you!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Really! you are still as beautiful as you were 5 years ago, you are just in a new season of life, don't beat yourself up.

It was nice to look at your wedding pictures and see many familiar faces....from high school!

Happy Anniversary!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful pics! Reminds me that I need to post a few of my own wedding - now nearly 3 months ago!

Isn't it wonderful to be married to a patient man who loves the Lord? I'm just beginning to enjoy that blessing :-)

Shyla said...

Seems like it was just yesterday! Maybe I should cut my hair that short again (i remember you being concerned about my hair being too short for your wedding! LOL} I am in desperate need of a hair change!

I laughed out loud about getting back into your dress!! I too feel like if I could just have a year off of pregnancies...*sigh* LOL

Unknown said...

Congrats on your anniversary! You were a gorgeous bride. You are VERY ambitious to aim for getting back into your wedding dress. Wow, let me know how that goes! Take it easy -- hope you can get some extra rest this week!