Friday, July 31, 2009

A Morning with Mommy

Yesterday I spent the morning with just Olivia. Melissa came & played with Ellia so Livvie could have me all to herself, and what a fun morning it was!

First we went to the park, where I followed her around and praised her climbing and balancing skills. With no baby to follow and rescue and shield from the sun, and no errands to run off to, my attention was all hers. She loved it!



We found that she slid down the slide MUCH faster without her shoes!

We left when Livvie got bored with the structures, which took nearly an hour & a half. (I don't think I've ever "played" at the park so long.)




We had a leisurely lunch at McDonald's--with a Happy Meal, even!--and then Livvie played on the play structure for awhile. She made a sweet little friend who helped her navigate all the scary parts. :) And we topped it all off with a hot fudge sundae. She generously gave me two measly bites.

It was a nice morning with my Big Girl.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I find that Aleia needs Mommy and Daddy days just to herself. She looks forward to them and talks about it until the next one she gets.

So glad you were able to spend some quality time with Livvie, looks like great fun.

Kelly Glupker said...

Sounds like a wonderful morning!