Friday, June 05, 2009

Menu Plan

I've gone without a menu for over a week now, and lemme tell ya: our eating habits have certainly reflected it! I can't believe the stress-relief that a written menu brings me. Here's what we're eating for the next 10 days:















Tonight: Dinner nachos, corn on the cob, spanish rice
Saturday: Sloppy joes, seasoned potato wedges, deviled eggs
Sunday: General's chicken with rice (Have you tried this little packet in the Asian section of the grocery store? Not an overly healthy meal, but so good! And at 99-cents, it's a much cheaper way to satisfy my Chinese food craving!)
Monday: Tacos, homemade guacamole
Tuesday: Grilled chicken and summer veggies
Wednesday: Chicken pasta salad
Thursday: Baked spaghetti, garlic bread
Friday: Curry tuna sandwiches, fries
Saturday: Homemade pizza, carrot sticks w/ ranch
Sunday: Bean & rice burritos
Monday: ELLIA JOY'S BIRTHDAY PARTY! (I have no idea what to serve. Any suggestions?)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm right with ya' sister! When it comes to sitting down and planning the week's menu I'm in pain. BUT I love not having to think about dinner all week long. It's so nice to trust in my plan and not get all stressed when 4:30 rolls around.

Your menu looks yummy! Do the girls like the curry tuna? Baked spaghetti sounds delish and easy too.

My mind's drawing a blank for your party -- build your own subs is always a hit but it means a lot of prep work. Maybe a crockpot type meat to put on sandwiches? Like bbq pulled pork or bbq beef? Then you could do some easy sides (chips, raw veggies & dip, fruit). Whatever you decide hope it's a super fun time celebrating Ellia!

Jenny said...

I just did this too, for the next 2 weeks. And now I need to get the groceries....ew.

Who's coming to the party? You could always grill some hot dogs and burgers! That's what I like to do for groups. Not the healthiest, but hey, it keeps prep to a minimum and the kitchen stays cleaner! :-)

I can't believe she's already turning one!! This means I will also soon have a 1 year old! ACK!! Happy Birthday, Ellia!

Jenny said...

I meant to say if it's mostly adults you could do a cookout. One year olds don't always eat hot dogs! :-)

Jennifer said...

My Jenna's birthday is June 23. She wants peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and pupcakes. I'm sure the adults will love that!