Thursday, June 04, 2009

Family Reunion




Last year I missed the 1st Annual Stine Family Reunion. Something mildly important was going on in our lives at that time... something about a new baby or whatever.

This year, though, I'm counting down the days! I just can't wait to see the whole family. My grandparents had 8 children, and I think the grandkid count--my generation--is somewhere around 35. Throw in spouses and great-grandkids, and you've got yourself a par-tay! We'll rent out a nearby camp that's special to all of us, and we'll make that our home base for the week. We'll go strawberry picking at a local farmer's market, have hayrides and bonfires, do some projects for the camp staff, and LOTS of eating, of course. Each night we'll congregate for family-style devotions & singing, and we're planning a trip to the zoo/petting farm.

When we finalized our move details, I thought, "Great timing! This reunion is smack-dab in the middle of the move process!" But I think it'll be nice for us girls to get away and out of Nate's hair for a week. (We doubt he'll be able to attend.) So I've made the reunion a new deadline of sorts for myself. I'll do as much as I possibly can to get things packed up and/or moved by then.

So if my presence here is a little sparse in the next couple weeks, it's nothing personal. I'm just up to my armpits in boxes and packing tape.

No comments: