I can't remember where I found this material--if you've seen it & can direct me, please do. I printed these reminders out & posted them on my fridge... right where I can see them while doing dishes (my most hated household task).
- Never allow yourself to complain about anything--not even the weather.
- Never picture yourself in any other circumstance or someplace else.
- Never compare your lot with another's.
- Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
- Never dwell on tomorrow--remember that tomorrow is God's, not ours.
I didn't think I needed these reminders, until I found myself complaining about the weather, or feeling discontent with our cramped house, or wishing I had so-&-so's resources, or fretting about upcoming events. When we allow our minds to think these thoughts, joy departs & discontentment surely follows.
The fact is, I have more than I deserve.
And God has orchestrated each event in my life just so... on purpose.
And there's a lesson for me in everything! Right now that lesson happens to be joy.
What lesson is God teaching you lately?