Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Resurrection Reflection

This year I'm finding myself reflecting on Christ's death and resurrection earlier and more frequently than usual. Perhaps it's because of the choir numbers we've been rehearsing... also because I'm singing in a duet that day. (Listen here. It makes me weep. And the signing is beautiful.)

And here, one of the songs our choir will be singing on Resurrection Sunday.

View From the Upper Room
by Craig Courtney
(You can listen here.)

In the upper room I see a simple Man,
And unashamed to bend, He kneels and serves His friends.
And in the upper room I see them as they dine
Upon the bread and wine, His life and death entwined.

From the upper room I see Gethsemane,
I see His anguished plea beneath the olive tree.
And from the upper room I see His arms stretched wide,
As He is lifted high against a blackened sky.

In an upper room I see a table there,
Where one day I will share the feast He has prepared.
And in an upper room I see my Savior's face.
Beneath his loving gaze I'll drink the cup of grace.

My Jesus, I love thee, I know thou art mine.
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign.
My gracious Redeemer, my Saviour art Thou.
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

No comments: