Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bag Sale

Once Upon a Child had a bag sale yesterday. Just stuff a (teeny, tiny) bag with as many clearanced items as you can, for $10! I had my doubts about that little pink bag when I saw it; it was about 6" wide and maybe 10" tall. But it was stretchy! I came away with these things:

(left to right) For Livvie, 3 pairs of elastic-waisted pants ... the better to go potty with... and a pretty turtleneck/sweater combo.
For Ellia, a fleecy 1-piece outfit, cute cable-knit sweater, 2 pairs of pants, and a cute hooded sweatshirt. Poor girl doesn't have much winter clothing in her size--Livvie wore 6-9 months in the springtime.
My 9 little items rang up over $43 before the sale, and $10 after! Each piece worked out to about $1.11. Not bad, not bad at all.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I have sent so many items to Once Upon a Child...and have shopped there so many times and found tags still on things from Childrens place.....oh how I miss it.

Cute clothes for cheap makes for a good day.

Oh by the way I am trying to convince my husband that we need to give Brienna a formula bottle before bed, I think I almost have him convince by the dark circles under my eyes, I keep telling myself it will get better and this stage is so short that I can endure one more sleepless night but today at church everyone willing told me I had (raccoon eyes) bless them:-)

Stacey

Anonymous said...

It's always so much fun finding deals like that! :-) Karen, thank you for the birthday card. I appreciate it- I'm going out of town at the end of this month and won't be back until the middle of Feb. A party would be fun! I'll keep that in mind for when I get back. Hope things are going well. Tell the girls I said, "hi"

~ Jonanna ;-)