Friday, September 12, 2008

Photography Nightmare

This morning I took Livvie to get 2-year portraits done. I had something like this in mind:








cute dress, cute prop, cute smile...









...or a silly face...












...hey, I would've been thrilled with just a simple head shot!











I even brought a second outfit along, in the event that she really got on a roll!










A popular game at our house:
"How big is Livvie?" So-o-o big!





Isn't she sharp?! So studious-looking--all she needs is a pair of eyeglasses!

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Olivia started crying as soon as the photographer looked at her. Not just whimpering, either, but the throw-your-head-back-and-wail-like-an-ambulance sort of crying. The little trek to the bathroom for a (ahem) heart-to-heart didn't even work. It is indescribably difficult to mask one's frustration and embarrassment in a situation like this. I didn't do a very good job, I'm afraid.

Amazingly, one of the four non-crying shots (that's f-o-u-r.)was good enough to spend $7.99 on, although the big tear blob in her left eyelashes is really noticeable. O well, at least Ellia's pictures turned out well.

Tell me you've had a similar experience.

Or better yet, a worse one.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the photo that is your blog header!

I have to say that THIS is the exact reason that Aaron has not been to a studio for photos EVER in his life. (poor deprived child) I'm sure we'd have a worse story if I'd been brave enough to try, though.

Anonymous said...

Um . . . yeah. It just happened to us on Wednesday with the-always-smiling Emily Claire. Seriously -- we just left and went shopping instead. They let us come back yesterday to try again. It started out on the same foot, but then I just left the room, and the photographer got a helper to distract her. Kinda like dropping her off at the church nursery. I liked (maybe) 3 outta 46 or so they snapped. Ugh. I couldn't bribe her with anything though -- she just howled until I would pick her up. Even Grammy couldn't help. Looking forward to seeing the teardrop pose. Seems like my parents have one of those red-faced pics of your husband when he was little. Have you seen it? Payback? Maybe he should take her next time. =)

Stacey said...

Gotta love this stage. Aleia was awesome at getting her pics done UNTIL she turned 3 and then it was all over....We'll get Brienna's taken when we are in the states.

Yes normally when I am in Michigan I always stop by to see Celeste, Ryan and their kids. When I left I think Evan was just 4 or 6 months, but wow he was so chubby.

Brienna and Ellia are only 15 days apart and they sound very similar in their actions and in size. Do people always comment on how big she is. With Aleia they always gave me a hard time about how small she was...I wasn't feeding her enough and now that Brienna is her they comment on how big she is and wow what am I feeding her:-) so funny, you can't win for losing.

Unknown said...

We haven't had the explosive crying but Chloe has certainly been uncooperative and unsmiley for all four photo sessions she's ever been to. And even Clive who is the happiest smiliest baby I've ever seen didn't do well this last time. I'm sure it's the whole foreign-ness of the experience that weirds them out.