Friday, August 08, 2008

Thankful

I'm taking exception to my self-imposed internet break.

My dear friend A and her husband have been trying unsuccessfully for 6 years to have a baby. Doctors have told them that they probably won't conceive on their own. They have an adorable little son whom they've adopted.

About 3 weeks ago A discovered she was pregnant. What a joyful celebration we shared together! (Right there in Meijer's deli department!) Although they'd been trying for ages, she's not considered high-risk... long story.

Anyway, I found out tonight that the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat yesterday at her ultrasound, and the cord was not pulsating. Baby was measuring perfectly--weeks and even days on schedule. She has another ultrasound Monday to confirm.

She is a believer, and a strong one.

I am stunned. And so grateful for my children tonight.

All I can think about are these song lyrics:

"Blessed be Your name when the sun's shining down on me.
When the world's 'all as it should be' blessed be Your name.
Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering.
Though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name.

"You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name."

1 comment:

Harms said...

I will keep your friend in my prayers. I hope the appointment went well today.