Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Quiz

It's a long one! But many of the questions actually have substance to them for a change. Enjoy! And even if I didn't tag you, I'd love to hear your answers, too.

Favorite person (outside family): I think Rebekah. She's a true, loyal friend.

Favorite Food: Boy, tough one... especially considering my hormonal pregnant state. Probably crunchy stuff--chips, crackers, breakfast cereal especially. Hmm... who's up for a bowl of Corn Pops?!

Quirks about me: I brush my teeth in the shower. I LOVE flavored creamer, & lots of it! I HATE pantyhose & haven't worn them since my freshman year of college (I think.).

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less? (Ask them.) And I quote: "Beautiful and wonderful mother & wife." (Aww, thanks Babe!)

Any regrets in life? No. I try to turn each mistake into an opportunity for growth.

Favorite Cause/Charity: I was so impressed with Mrs. Elliot's answer that I'm adopting it. She said [and I concur wholeheartedly!], "Salvation-- without Christ we are hopelessly lost."

Favorite Blog Recently: Freebies 4 Mom

Something you can't get enough of: sloppy toddler kisses. And grown-man ones, too. :)

Worst job you've ever had: Kitchen waitstaff in college.

What job would you pay NOT to have? Hmm... bill collector, I guess. No one wants you bugging them for their money!

If you could be a fly on a wall, where? Interesting question! Probably Olivia’s room… she’s pretty quiet… hmm…

Favorite Bible verse right now: “I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you…give you hope and a future.”

Guilty pleasure? Pepsi, in a glass, with ice.

Got any confessions? I don't know the difference between an Ipod and an MP3 player.

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? Pampering stuff... haircut & color, eyebrows, manicure/pedicure, massage. Would that use up $1000? I don't know.

Favorite thing about your house? Just the fact that it's ours. I always wanted one when I was a kid.

Least favorite thing about your house? My tiny kitchen! (but only if the yard doesn't qualify)

One thing you're bad at: Patience. I lack it miserably.

One thing you're good at: I'm punctual.

If you would change one thing about your circumstances, what? Debt-free

Whom would you like to meet someday? My Grandpa Carl, who passed away shortly after I was born.

What makes you feel sexy? a pretty nail color and a fresh haircut

Who is your real life hero? I recently read George Muller's biography. Very inspiring.

What is the hardest part of your job? My Mary Kay job--accepting the fact that lots of people are highly inconsiderate. My SAHM job--staying on top of all the household chores.

When are you most relaxed? when I'm with family. Evenings, holidays, family get-togethers

What stresses you out? Not having control over a situation.

What can you not live without? music

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists? mostly disagree, although I haven't read the article. I don't see how we can all be tossed into one single (negative!) category.

Why do you blog? To keep in touch with long-distance family & friends.

I'm supposed to tag the following:

Two Newish Bloggers: Unfortunately, I have had neither the time nor the energy to browse the 'net for new blogs.

Two Blog Friends: Jenny, a fellow pregnant friend, & Harmony, my sister

Two Bloggers I'd Like To Know Better: Meredith, whose musings are always gracious, simple, and lovely. And Mrs. Elliot, who leads such an exciting life! (She & her dear husband are moving to England soon!) She's the one who tagged me, so obviously she doesn't need to repeat this quiz. But you can read her answers here.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

oh, man! ;-) I'll get to this someday...

BTW - ONE WEEK LEFT?!?! How exciting!!!

The Nester said...

I'm so with you on wanting to meet Meredith! Oh and you are such a cutie pie 33 week preggers mama!

Sadie said...

Hi Karen, it was fun reading your answers, I can tell we'd be great friends! Hope you have an awesome weekend!