Tuesday, June 03, 2008

O what a night!

I don't usually blog much about my Mary Kay business goings-on, but this one is too out-there to keep to myself!

Last night we had a big guest event in our area--an evening devoted to recruiting. I had 2 guests along with me, Kelli & Lois, who had been considering starting their own MK businesses. Now, among other door prizes, one of the big draws for prospective recruits was a drawing for $100 cash. 2 of them, actually. One drawing was strictly for the guests in attendance. The other drawing had lots more names... those attending guests, PLUS lots of non-attenders (We consultants could enter anyone we had given facials to in the month of May. That's a LOT! I alone did 34.).

WELL, (I'm getting to the point now.) I was especially excited about Kelli being there, because SHE was excited. I just met her on Friday, where she had her very 1st Mary Kay facial. We talked briefly about the possibility of Kelli starting her own MK business, and she was strongly considering it. She had arranged for someone to cover her shift at work, had dressed up for the occasion, and was really thrilled with the MK possibilities. Finally, it was time for the cash drawings.

The woman pulled a card out of the bag and said, "The consultant is Karen Adams..." (enter gleeful squeals!) "...and the guest is... Kelli!" Yay! She dashed up there to get her $100 bill. What are the odds, right?!? How fun!

Time for the final drawing. She pulled the card, read it, and stopped short. "You're not gonna believe it!" (silence.) "The consultant is Karen Adams... and the guest is Kelli! AGAIN!" Totally incredible. If I hadn't been there, I wouldn't have believed it.

After accepting her 2nd $100 bill, Kelli dashed back to our table and said, "Okay, give me that agreement form! Where do I sign!?"

I have a brand-new recruit. Kelli has a brand-new business, plus $100 to spare.
It was a good night.

No comments: