Monday, January 21, 2008

Just Call Me Popeye...

What on earth does a person do with a pound of spinach?? Nate isn't particularly fond of it, although he gladly eats it whenever I make creamy spinach enchiladas.

Me, I've been craving it lately, in just about any form: quesadillas, omelets, salads, pizza, you name it. I'm doing dinner alone tonight, as Nate is on a scouting trip. I'll probably make a spinach & sweet pepper omelet. Mmm...

I'm counting my blessings. It isn't every pregnant woman who longs for nutrient-rich spinach!





Now, if I could just shake this urge for a giant, salty tub of McDonald's french fries...

4 comments:

Burtt Family said...

Hey! I couldn't find the quiz you tagged us on?? Enjoy your spinach! :-)

Abby said...

You could always do a yummy veggie lasagna with spinach. I made one the other night and put some in the sauce too - it was quite delish!

Kelly Glupker said...

Interesting. I liked spinach when I was pregnant too. However, my husband just read yesterday that it's not nearly as healthy as we are told it is. It's certainly better than fries, but unfortunately not as great as we have been led to believe.

Anonymous said...

i'm right with you on the spinach. we actually eat it quite a bit. have you tried sauteing (sp) it in butter garlic and onion? yum. hope you guys are doing well. leah has decided to start getting up several times a night lately. me thinks i'm going to stop having her take naps altogether. her parents are so very sleep deprived!!