Thursday, December 20, 2007

O what a night!

I had a minor-but-bothersome headache most of yesterday. Enough to irritate me, but not enough to warrant taking anything (being pregnant, that is). Well, I was exhausted and decided to go to bed at 9:30, thinking that some sleep would help my headace to subside. NOT SO! Not 2 hours later, I woke to excruciating, throbbing pain... temples, back of the head, neck, behind the eyes, everything.

My squirming and groaning woke Nate, who was a little worried, I think. What a compassionate soul--he stayed awake with me and did his best to comfort me. Even rubbed my neck some, which didn't help. I quickly gave in and took a pain reliever. I've had only 2 migraines in my life, and this one almost became #3. Although it seemed to take forever, I'm sure it wasn't terribly long before the meds kicked in. I awoke pain-free, praise God... and still exhausted from the long night!

Livvie stayed home with Nate today while I cleaned for Carolyn. Usually I'm there only til 2, but she had some extra stuff she wanted me to do. I got home around 4.

Now I'm off to wrap Jillian & Phoebe's presents and then hit the hay!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I was surprised when my midwife told me I could take Tylenol PM when I had a hard time sleeping during my pregnancy. Maybe that would help next time you have a rough night.