Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Unbelievable. It's Christmas! Well, in 8 minutes it will be. It has happened again--we got busy with all the "stuff" and should've taken more time to reflect on God's Son and His goodness to us this year. I intend to rise early (translation: before Olivia does!) and do just that.

Today we spent a leisurely morning around the house, and then we went over to Justin & Kelly's house (Justin is Nate's youngest brother). We had pizza & Christmas goodies there and fellowshipped for awhile. The men went to Cabela's, too.

We spent to evening here at home, playing with Olivia and relaxing. We also opened our stockings & our gifts from afar. That would be my parents' gifts to us, as well as those from Texas. That was fun. We are very loved. And I just realized that I took NO PICTURES! Oops.

Tomorrow we'll do our tree immediately upon waking... and coffee, which is set on timer. :) Then, we'll head over to Ryan's (Nate's older brother) at 10 for The Adams Family Christmas. I imagine we'll be there most of the day.

I was to bring egg nog punch, but alas... I could not find Peppermint Stick Ice Cream anywhere! I am sad. That was to be my contribution from the Stine family tradition. It's simple--1 qt. ice cream, a 2-liter of 7-Up, and 1 qt. egg nogg. At least my cookie dough brownies turned out well.

I have a head cold--thank you, Olivia--and have sneezed myself into a serious backache. I plan to go to the chiropractor first thing Thursday morning. I can hardly turn my head, and I can't lift much of anything. Bummer. But at least it's not as bad as Christmas '05!
Hope your Christmas is merry!

No comments: