Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Profitable Weekend


Well, the weekend was quick, but at least it yielded some productivity. On Saturday morning we lay in bed for a bit and played with Olivia. We don't do that very often at all, so it was really nice. Olivia has changed her wake-up time to 7-7:30. I don't care for that, but it does force me to jump-start my own day by at least 30 minutes. Anyway, we had some breakfast, and then Nate made a run to the Home Depot for some supplies (He's working on our bathroom.). I fed & dressed Livvie and attacked the big pile of dirty dishes.
Nate worked on the bathroom most of the day, and I worked in the kitchen! I made a couple big batches of food for Olivia (squash and carrots) and some banana chip bread for this morning, followed immediately by more dishes. Lunch was leftovers--I love leftovers. Do you?--and then I did some laundry and tidying up.
Olivia tried a couple new things this weekend... a little prune juice in her bottles to help her bowels, and also some bits of rice cake. She's so funny; she refuses to hold the rice cake and gnaw on it, but she loves it when I feed her little pieces. Anyway. Nate decided that he was going golfing, so while he did that last evening, Olivia and I went to the market and to the Salvation Army. They had 5 yellow tags for $5. Woo-hoo! I found 5 things for both Olivia and myself, so that was a nice bonus. I rarely shop for myself anymore. :)
The best thing about the weekend was that I found a vvvvvvery cheap plane ticket to WI for this coming weekend! Hooray! I'm working Monday - Wednesday this week and have a 4-day weekend, so I mentioned yesterday morning that I'd love to go "home" for a quick trip. I low-balled William Shatner on Priceline.com and got a $150 ticket. We fly out at 8:20-ish Thursday morning. I can't wait. I haven't been "home" since Thanksgiving.
Today was church, of course, followed by a birthday bash for Nate's dad. We relaxed there until it was time for church again. Then we took Trango & Livvie to the park, followed by some tasty DiGiorno. Nate's watching the Wings game, and I've been puttering around online. A peaceful Lord's Day, to be sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in WI! :) I've never used priceline.com...might check it out. We're looking for tix to see my Dad in Louisiana some time this summer.

Tell the fam hi for me when you see them!